B.P.R.D. Cover Art by Rafael Albuquerque
Original art available for sale HERE
We are hurtling through space at over a million miles an hour (a truer orbit of the planets)
Jack Kirby poses as Captain America
Seems like a good time to dig this one out of the archives.
(Spider-Man, Ryōichi Ikegami, written with Kazumasa Hirai, c.1971)
I’m getting ready for Emerald City Comic Con. I’m doing a limited run of posters this year.
The Emerald City Comic Con exclusive cover for Evil Empire #1. Gouache, watercolor and colored pencil on art board. Check out more of Boom! Studios ECCC exclusive covers here.
1. scott snyder’s Severed
2.Farel Dalrymple’s Pop gun War
3. ECCC Heroes designed by Michael Avon Oeming
4. Mike Norton’s Battlepug
5. Wendy and Richard Pini’s Elfquest (petalwing on top of the Invincible dude’s head)
6.Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky’s sex criminals
7. Joe Ketinge and Leila Del Duca’s Shutter
8. Robert Kirkman and artist Cory Walker’s Invincible
9. Egypt Urnash’s Decrypting Rita
10. Rob Liefeld’s PROPHET (that me and Simon Roy and Giannis Milonogiannis and Farel Dalrymple and Joseph Bergin III work on)
11.Mike Kunkel’s Herobear and the Kid.
12.Aaron Diaz’s Dresden Codak
13. Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor’s & voiced by Cecil Baldwin Welcome to Night Vale
14.Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover’s Bandette
15.Ron Randall’s Trekker
16. Damon Gentry and Aaron Conley’s Sabertooth Swordsman
17. Rick Spears and Chuck BB’s Black metal.
18 Stan Sakai ’s Usagi Yōjinbō 兎用心棒
19. Jeff Smith’s Bone
20. Mike Allred’s Madman
21, My (Brandon Graham, me me me ) King city.
22.Adam Warren’s Empowered. (that I just drew a one shot issue of)
23.Kelly Sue DeConnick and Emma Ríos’s Pretty deadly.
24. Erik Larsen’s savage dragon (Malcolm dragon)
25. E.K. Weaver’s T.J. and Amal (my favorite ongoing web comic—sooo good)
26.Corey Lewis’s Sharknife. (YOSHHHHH!!)
27. Kenichi Sonoda Gunsmith cats. (I’m sooo hyped that Sonada is gonna be at the con this year)
28. Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt’s The Sixth gun.
29. Kenichi Sonoda’s Bubble gum crisis. (this is basically an anime con from 1994 now)
30.Greg Rucka and Michael Lark’s Lazarus
31. David Petersen’s Mouse guard.
32. John Graham and Victor Steinbrueck’s The space needle
33. Ryan North’s Dinosaur comics
34.Richard Starkings Elephantmen.
35. H. G. Wells invisible man
36. Shannon Wheeler’s Too much coffee man.
37. Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson’s Happy!
38.Rob Guillory and John Layman’s Chew, CHOG
39.Chris Sims, Chad Bowers, and Scott Kowalchuk’s Down Set Fight
40. Kurtis J. Wiebe and Roc Upchurch’s Rat Queens.
41. Eric Stephenson and Nate Bellegarde’s Nowhere men
42. Kevin Church & Grace Allison’s Wander
43. Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis and Brooke Allen’s Lumberjanes
44. Cat Farris’s flaccid badger
Machine Man by Barry Windsor-Smith
Just wanted to take a moment to post our policy on harassment on tumblr, it is also on our website, and will be in the program guide. The image attached is the sign we will have displayed throughout the convention.
Emerald City Comicon’s mission is to create a safe, awesome environment where geeks of all kinds can come together. We have a zero tolerance policy for harassment of any kind.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to race, gender, sexual orientation, body size, disability, appearance, and religion), overly sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
Exhibitors, sponsors and guests are subject to our anti-harassment policy as well and have also been informed. In particular, exhibitors should not use images or material that surpasses a PG-13 rating at their booths. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use over-sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes.
If a person engages in harassing behavior, ECCC Directors and Department Heads may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from Emerald City Comicon (with no refund). If you are being harassed, witness someone else being harassed or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the Emerald City Comicon staff immediately (identifiable by green Minion t-shirts or black polos/Staff badges). We are happy to contact our security or local law enforcement, provide escort, a safe place, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the convention.
All attendees, exhibitors and staff are subject to this anti-harassment policy and are expected to follow these rules at all Emerald City Comicon events.
"You want to photograph me eating chicken?"
"Well, if I let you, I need you to help me deliver a message."
"I work at this library. And before that, I was coming here for twenty years. It’s my favorite place in the world. As many people know, the main reading room of this library is supported by seven floors of books, which contain one of the greatest research collections in the world. Recently, the library administration has decided to rip out this collection, send the books to New Jersey, and use the space for a lending library. As part of the consolidation, they are going to close down the Mid-Manhattan Library Branch as well as the Science, Industry, and Business Library. When everything is finished, one of the greatest research libraries in the world will become a glorified internet cafe. Now read that back to me."